Sync is a simple command-line utility for performing one-way directory or file synchronization.
It synchronizes the specified target to match the specified source. Only the target is modified.
Runs on any OS with the Java Runtime Environment (JRE 6+).
Sync is free and open source software written in Java and released under the GNU GPL license (version 3).
* FLEXIBLE FILE-MATCHING: Match files by combinations of name, size, last-modified time, and CRC-32 checksum; by default, (name,size,time,crc) are used.
* FLEXIBLE FILE TIME COMPARISON: Specify a time-tolerance (in milliseconds) when matching files by their last-modified time.
* FILENAME FILTERS: Use multiple GLOB or REGEX filters to include or exclude files based on their names or their relative pathnames.
* SIMULATION MODE: Sync can be run to simulate file operations, so that the target directory is not modified.
* UNATTENDED USAGE: With an appropriate choice of switches, Sync can be executed without user intervention.
* LOG FILE: Sync can generate log files with automatic timestamps for convenient record-keeping.
See http://syncdir.sourceforge.net/ for the latest version, screenshots, documentation, and other information.
Keywords: sync, synchronize, synchronization, file, directory, tool, utility, free, freeware, Java, open source, command-line, simple
Recent Changes: improved syntax for filename filters; correct display of non-ASCII characters on console
Install Support: No Install Support
Supported Languages: English
Additional Requirements: Java Runtime Environment (JRE 6+)
PAD file URL: http://syncdir.sourceforge.net/sync.xml