Avira Server Security is a first-class antivirus solution, ensuring permanent protection for Windows file servers users against malicious programs.
- Extensive Malware Recognition: aside from viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, worms, etc., it detects Adware & Spyware, double extension files and unusual runtime compression tools;
- Solid antivirus technologies: multi-platform, VB100% certified scan engine;
- Low usage of computer resources;
- Modular structure: allows remote configuration, thus assisting the server admin's work while keeping network users perfectly protected;
- Professional services: the Avira license entitles you to virus definitions updates and product upgrades, access to documentation, as well as standard technical support, offered by a team of skilled professionals;
- Fully compatible with operating systems running from Windows NT server (4.0 version or higher) to Windows Server 2003, it provides a wide variety of configuration settings designed to increase your network security;
- Avira Resident Service runs silently in the background, monitoring all file operations. When the user performs a file operation (e.g. launching a program, opening a document), this is automatically scanned against viruses and unwanted programs;
- The Control Program is a special interface, designed to configure and monitor the Resident Service. As such, it offers the possibility to manage several Resident Services installed on different servers in the network.
NEW: Configuration assistant for easy and fast basic configuration after the installation.
Limitations: The Installation Kit comes fully featured but the update service is disabled. To enable the update service you may purchase the appropriate commercial license from www.avira.com.
Keywords: antivirus for windows server, network security, server antivirus, network virus protection, server antivirus programs, phishing, virus, trojan horse, antivirus, virus protection, antivirus software
Recent Changes: EU
Install Support: Install and Uninstall
Supported Languages: English
Additional Requirements: 512 MB RAM, 2 GB recommended. 1 GB Windows Server 2008 Core installation. 150 MB HDD.
PAD file URL: http://www.avira.com/files/products/pads/en/Avira_Server_Security_for_Windows.xml